Jun 28, 2021
No one likes to fail. In fact, most people would do almost
anything to avoid failure.
So, do you want to know the real secret to success? It is not
dedication, commitment, hard work, smart work, passion, or even
You’re not going to like the answer.
I’ve heard it said that the real secret to success is managing
your failures. In this episode, we’ll take a look at some of the
lessons we can learn from failure.
- Failure teaches you that success is never guaranteed.
- Like Winston Churchill once said, success is moving from
failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
- Failure isn’t final.
- Failures happen, but they’re no reason not to start again.
Successful people have lots of failures on the road to their
- This too shall pass.
- Failure isn’t fun, but it’s also not permanent. No matter how
much it stings at first, you can move past it.
- Failure forces you to embrace change.
- When you go through failure, this is basically the universe
telling you that there is something you should be doing
- Failure can be a great source of motivation.
- For people with the right mindset, failure can be a great
source of motivation.
- Failure teaches you to stay humble.
- Failure isn’t unique.
- Everyone experiences failure, even the most successful people
you know of.
- Criticism doesn’t equal judgment.
- Time is the greatest teacher.
- Rejection is a powerful tool.
You can learn valuable lessons from failure. Failure
- Creativity. If you fail by taking a route
traditionally associated with success, you might have to embark on
a novel path when you try again.
- Who to trust. When someone – even a friend or
family member who you thought you could trust – plays a role in
your failure, you learn not to trust them so readily in the
- Value. Failure is a chance to take
another look at your value and how you can best present
- You to listen to yourself. Tune out any
non-constructive, negative feedback that comes from failing and
focus on building self-trust.
- Over time, failure can build resilience, which is why the pain
is a little less each time it occurs.
- What to do better next time. If you can
identify the steps that led to your failure and why they had the
results they did, you can form a strategy for future success.
Links and Resources:
Why not join Metropole’s
Business Accelerator Mastermind
Learn more about Mark Creedon – Business
Coach to some of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs
Get a copy of Mark’s new book here – Have a business not a
Get a heap of special reports and eBooks here- www.PodcastBonus.com.au
Shownotes plus more here:
10 great lessons successful people have learned from failure with
Mark Creedon | Build a Business, Not a Job Podcast
Some of our favourite quotes from the show:
“I’ve often said I’m a real success at failure, but it really
does come down to resilience.” – Michael
“If you get it right first time as a property investor, you
probably think you’re smarter than you are.” –Michael Yardney
“Successful people revel in other’s success.” – Michael
PLEASE LEAVE US A REVIEW
Reviews are hugely important to me because they help new people
discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode,
please leave a review on iTunes - it's your way of passing the
message forward to others and saying thank you to me. Here's